MEET DR. ALEXANDER P. SAH
Welcome to Sah Orthopaedic Associates at the Institute for Joint Restoration. I hope that this website is valuable in providing an introduction to our unique program and an overview of my background. As useful as this resource can be, I do value the personal interactions and relationships with patients the most. Therefore, I look forward to having the opportunity to meet you and to discuss your hip or knee problems.
Having been born at Washington Hospital in Fremont, I have a deep commitment to the Bay Area community. I strive to practice medicine the same way my father did, a head and neck surgeon and Chief-of-Staff at Washington Hospital, with a patient-first emphasis and thorough and compassionate care (see article). First and foremost, I pride myself on being available to my patients and developing long lasting relationships.
I was drawn to orthopedic surgery because of the ability to help people relieve pain and thereby RENEW activities, RESTORE function, and thus RECLAIM their quality of life. I pursued specialized training in minimally invasive and revision hip and knee surgery to have the tools to best serve my patients. I also have an interest in orthopedic research and remain active in publishing articles and presenting this work at national meetings. I believe that these endeavors are essential to provide the most current and reliable care to my patients.
I perform less invasive hip and knee replacements, knee arthroscopy, as well as complex hip and knee revision surgeries. I also have expertise and specialization in partial knee replacement and partial patellofemoral replacement. I am the only surgeon at the Institute performing outpatient total hip and knee replacement, as well as anterior hip replacement. More information can be found under the sidebar section to the left.
Again, I hope the information provided here provides you a useful introduction to our program and to my background. I look forward to meeting you and having the opportunity to help you in any way that I can.
"Dear Dr. Alexander Sah, This is an official "Fan Letter" just to let you know how much I appreciate the outstanding job you did on my recent knee replacement surgery. You and your terrific staff's caring and thoroughly encouraging attitude game the courage to consider and then successfully complete this procedure in the midst of other health issues. I sing your praises to friends and patients alike. Many, many thanks."
DA Castro Valley CA
"Dr. Alexander Sah, Thank you is not enough to say how I feel about you not only as a doctor, but as a human being. You are the best. God has blessed you with medical abilities, but most of all a heart with compassion, kindness, and love for your patients. I hope you know this is not usually how it goes. Thank you again for all that you did for me."
MD, Santa Cruz CA
"Thank you Dr Alexander Sah so very much for your being kind and generous with your time. Knowing that I may call anytime is a great comfort to me. It’s THIS little touch that makes you stand above all others. Thank you again!"
AF, Hayward, CA
"First and foremost, I want to thank you, Dr. Alexander Sah, for being such a good doctor. You have always made me feel as if I was your Number One patient. I appreciate that. Also, I want to tell you how special you have made my experience. It is so nice to have a doctor today who has time for me. I truly appreciate your attentiveness."
JA, Salinas CA
"I needed to drop a note to let you know how Dr. Alexander Sah has helped and changed our lives for the better. If I would’ve tried to imagine “perfection”, I wouldn’t have come close to what happened in real life…So Many Thank-You’s! With our sincere gratitude."
DJ & SJ, Valley Springs CA
"This is a thank you not to say thank you, Dr. Alexander Sah, for your good care of my daughter. The phone calls, the “hello how are you”, the smiles, and the handshakes are very much appreciated. You are a true gentleman."
HP, Aptos CA
- Co-Director, Institute for Joint Restoration and Research, 2012-present
- Director, Outpatient Joint Replacement Program of IJRR, 2014-present
- Chair, IJRR Research and Education Committee, 2012-present
- Chair, Department of Orthopedics, Washington Hospital, 2012-15
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Leadership Fellows Program, 2016-17
- Trustee, Washington Hospital Medical Foundation, 2012- present
- Member, Healthcare Delivery Committee, California Orthopedic Association, 2014-present
- Member, Nominating Committee, California Orthopedic Association 2015
- Member, Evidence Based Medicine Committee, American Association Hip & Knee Surgeons, 2015-present
- Panel Member, American College Rheumatology- AAHKS Perioperative Management Guideline Group, 2015-16
- Panel Member, AAOS-AAHKS Clinical Practice Guideline on Surgical Management of Knee Arthritis, 2016
- Member, Knee Program Committee, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, 2012-2016
- Member, Hip Program Committee, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, 2016-present
- Program Co-Chair, VuMedi 4th Annual The Event, San Francisco, 2015
- Program Co-Chair, California Orthopedic Association Annual Meeting, San Diego, 2016
- Trustee, Board of Trustees, The College Prepatory School, Oakland, 2016- present
- Board of Directors, Northen CA District, CA Orthopedic Association, 2017- present
- Best Doctors, 2017
- "Best of Fremont" Orthopaedic Surgeon Award Winner, 2012-2017
- California Top 10 Orthopedic Surgeon, 2014
- Compassionate Doctor Award, 2011-2016
- America's Most Honored Professional Award Top 1%, 2016
- Paul Harris Fellowship Rotary Award, 2012
- Patient's Choice Award, 2011-2016